Publications & Presentations
The following TACE publications and presentations cover topics that are timely and relevant to technical assistance (TA) and continuing education (CE) activities and that meet the strategic goals and program performance needs of state Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) agencies and their partners. Relevant products developed by non-TACE entities are listed on the Tools & Materials webpage.
BBI Southeast Business Series Promotes VR-Business Alliances
BBI Southeast, a partnership between TACE and the Southeast ADA Center, recently hosted a webinar for businesses on Establishing Linkages to Promote the Recruitment and Hiring of Candidates with Disabilities. The presentation promoted the establishment of ongoing relationships between human resource professionals and vocational rehabilitation programs in order to advance hiring and recruitment of jobseekers with disabilities. It was very well-received and the archive can be accessed here. This event will be followed by three more webinars in the Webinar Series for Business.
TACE develops monthly newsletters and other materials as needed in the course of our work with VR agencies and partners.
Monthly newsletters are compiled for two of TACE’s Regional Networks, providing valuable information and resources to network members and non-members alike. They offer descriptions of creative local practices, tips for VR counselors, success stories and resource links, and report on national news and trends. In addition to being disseminated via electronic web-blast, these newsletters are posted and archived on the respective network websites. The two newsletters include:
- TACE Talks Transition provides information and resources relating to VR services to young people as they transition into adulthood.
- Most Significant Disabilities Network News provides information and resources relating to VR services to individuals with the most significant disabilities.
Other TACE publications
- Autism Spectrum Disorders & Employment Learning Community – Final Project Report. Essential outcomes of the learning community experience from the perspective of VR representatives who participated.
In addition to webinars and other distance learning opportunities, TACE staff and consultants make conference presentations on topics of interest to VR professionals. Presentation materials may be accessed here.
- 2011 National TASH Conference on Employment for Youth in Transition. TACE staff and consultants organized, co-hosted and presented at this highly acclaimed national conference. The conference was offered both in person and via live streaming.
- 2011 National APSE presentations by TACE Southeast. TACE Region IV consultants present sessions on “Conducting an Employer Needs Analysis” and “Working Together to Make Work Pay”
- Customized Employment for Youth in Transition — Implementing a Multi-Faceted Pilot Program. Presented by Chip Kenney, Southeast TACE Director of the National Disability Employment Conference (September 2010). A handout for this presentation is also available.